Queensland’s best beaches have been revealed as southern parts of the state prepare for an extreme heatwave.
Gold Coast’s Burleigh Beach took out the top honour, ahead of Noosa Main Beach on the Sunshine Coast and Greenmount Beach on the Gold Coast.
Surf Life Saving Queensland considered factors such as patrol times and services, coastal conditions and cleanliness when compiling the list, which comes as southern Queensland readies for temperatures around 40 degrees on Friday.
SLSQ chief operating officer George Hill said Queensland’s coastline was home to hundreds of beautiful beaches and the list was sure to create a friendly debate.
Mr Hill said lifesavers were expecting a significant influx of beachgoers this weekend with the sweltering conditions.
SLSQ’S Top 10 Beaches for Summer 2016/17
- Burleigh Beach – Gold Coast
- Main Beach – Noosa
- Greenmount Beach – Gold Coast
- Cylinder Beach – North Stradbroke Island
- Alexandra Headland – Sunshine Coast
- Mooloolaba Beach – Sunshine Coast
- North Burleigh Beach – Gold Coast
- Nielson Park Beach – Bundaberg
- Harbour Beach – Mackay
- Palm Cove – Cairns