China defeats India & Japan defeats Malaysia, to setup semifinal clash today
China and Japan were the quarter final winners on Day 6 of the Total BWF Sudirman Cup 2017 setting up an intriguing semi final clash on Saturday May 27 at the Carrara Indoor Sports Stadium.
The other semi final clash is between Korea and Thailand.
Led by men’s singles superstar Chen Long, world ranked number 1 China defeated India 3-0 to secure a semi final match against Japan.
In the other quarter final Japan defeated Malaysia 3-1 led by Women’s Doubles stars Misaki Matsutomo and Ayaka.
Japan v Malaysia Match results:
- Mens Doubles: Takeshi Kamura/ Keigo Sonoda (Japan) defeated Goh V Shem/ Tan Wee Kiong (Malaysia) 21-17, 16-21, 21-11.
- Women’s Singles: Nozomi Okuhara (Japan) defeated Soniia Cheah (Malaysia) 21-11, 21-9
- Mens Singles: Lee Chong Wei (Malaysia) defeated Kenta Nishimoto (Japan) 21-15, 21-13
- Womens Doubles: Misaki Matsutomo/ Ayaka Takahashi (Japan) defeated Vivian Hoo/ Woon Khe Meng (Malaysia) 21-7, 21-14
China v India Match Results:
- Mixed Doubles: Lu Kai/ Huang Yaqiong (China) defeated Satwiksairaj Rankireddy/ Ashwini Ponnapa (India) 16-21, 21-13, 21-16.
- Mens Singles: Chen Long (China) defeated Kidambi Srikanth (India) 21-16, 21-17.
- Mens Doubles: Fu Haifeng/ Zhang Nan (China) defeated Satwiksairaj Rankireddy/ Chirag Shetty (India) 21-9, 21-11
In other matches Vietnam, Australia, Scotland and New Zealand all recorded victories.
QUARTER FINAL Results:
|Team 1||Score||Team 2|
SEMI FINALS: Saturday 27 May 2017
|Time||Team 1||Team 2|
Final: Sunday 28th May – 1pm (Teams to be confirmed)
Tickets: From Ticketek click here or buy at the venue
Tickets to the TOTAL BWF Sudirman Cup tournament start at $51 (for each match). General ticket packages for the Final are priced at $75.
Venue: Carrara Indoor Sports Stadium, (Next to Metricon Stadium)
Nerang Broadbeach Road, Carrara QLD 4211
Parking: Free parking
Event site: www.sudirmancup.com.au